Sunday, September 13, 2009

Classes

Hey guys!

Classes start tomorrow! All I can say is FINALLY. I've waited so long for this. I can't wait to see just how I improve in my classes and such.

Here's my schedule. I have classes every day Monday through Friday.

Monday
Basic Perspective - 9:00-12:00 - Hansen
Beginning Story Development - 7:00-10:00 - Vandergrift

Tuesday
Intro to Digital Production - 9:00-12:00 - Metzger
Color and Design - 1:00-4:00 - Hobaica
Beginning Traditional Animation - 7:00 - 10:00 - Nguyen

Wednesday
Contemporary Literature - 10:00-1:00 - Viegener

Thursday
Sociological Study of Art and Culture - 4:00-6:00 - Plot
Beginning CGI Animation - 7:00-10:00 - Aquino

Friday
Beginning Life Drawing - 9:00-4:00 - Brown

This is so exciting! There's so much to learn from everyone around. Every artist seems to be amazing at something, I just can't wait to soak everything in. :)

In other news, I went to go see 9 on Friday night. I really enjoyed the look of the film. The characters had a unique way of portraying themselves, with little characteristics that differ from each and every "puppet". Though I went in believing that having characters based on the same template could prove difficult and cause confusion, the little quirks in every puppet were recognized and successfully caught our attention in a more subtle way.

I liked the movie, but I felt more could have been done with such a deep story. As many have been saying, the film seems too short to explain the backstory and fully do it justice.

And of course, character development. The characters all appeared to stay the same throughout the entire course of the movie. I would have liked to perhaps see a change in 1, maybe slowly showing his acceptance of 9's adventurous pursuits. And many of the characters, such as 6, 3 and 4, weren't given enough time to shine. I would have loved to see more.

So yep, there's my update. Here's a few life drawings to finish off the post.




My family came and visited and we went to a dog park, so I took my sketchbook. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment