Sunday, October 4, 2009

An update from art school...

Yo.


So CalArts is awesome. A little quirky, but awesome. The workload is starting to pile up, but that's alright. It's what I came here for.

Classes have been good. There are some that I wish would pick up a bit, and others which I think are AMAZING(traditional animation = <3). I sat in on a character design class Wednesday and was awed by the amount of critique given. Basically, the teacher wasn't afraid to say which designs worked and which flat-out didn't. It's not a class I'm registered for, but I plan on sitting in anyways. There's so much to learn. :)

On a side note, as weird as this might sound, I never thought I'd enjoy animating so much. I mean, I know I'm going to CalArts for character animation, but before coming here I mainly wanted to be a character designer. Now that I enjoy animating so much perhaps I can do both. :)

Today I plan on seeing "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" with some of the other students. Should be fun, maybe I'll post a review here after. I'll take my camera with me because because I've been neglecting it ever since I got here. And maybe some art. :)

See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment